Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

wrote:

So the moral is, register the tools correctly, know that they will
honor their warranty in some cases, and know you will have to work
for it as well as be patient. That being said, HD/Ridgid are the
only guys that will warrant tools for more than a few months (most
not at all) for contractor use.

Hey... at least it worked, and I have my two favorite mini drills
back!

Since you have learned how long it takes to get a warranty
claim resolved, a suggestion.

Next time they have a sale buy a spare unit complete with
batteries and stash the whole thing behind a box of your
favorite stogies.

That way, you're covered when a primary unit craps out and you
need to stay in production.

SFWIW, that's what I did when I bought an 18VDC, H/F unit.

A spare battery was going to be about $13-$14 and a complete
unit was less than $17.

It was a no brainer.

Have fun.

Lew