Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Run-Out On An Impact Driver?

I purchased a Rigid Drill-Impact driver kit from Home Depot the other day. While I've never owned an impact driver before, I have used them, but in just a "pick it up and use it" fashion.

The thing I noticed while inspecting the Rigid kit is that there is some run-out in the impact driver. The bits do not spin exactly in-line with the main axis, there is a bit (no pun intended) of a wobble.

I didn't have any problem driving some screws when I tested it, and it certainly drove them faster the the drill, but I don't know if the impact feature of the driver means that I should expect some run-out.

Yes or no?

Thanks!