Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

"Dave in Texas" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

I can appreciate you tracking this but this is pretty much unique to
California. So excuse us if the rest of us don't quite understand. It
appears that you believe that it is the source/providers of gasoline to be
jerking the chain. The rest of the country, pretty much, is still paying
a third less than those that live in California. California is the cause
of the chain jerking. Given that fact, do you really believe that an
alternative source of energy would be less in California than most anywhere
else in the country? Regardless of what source you will use in California
you will still be paying a premium in energy taxes to pay for what ever it
is that the government is collecting taxes for.

Here's the culprit:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015...cle-click&_r=0

Dave in SoTex

The article explains California's unique problems but unless there are
lines of cars waiting to get gas, the price of gas going up is most likely
a jerk knee trigger to raise prices. I believe that if the media had not
mentioned the strike or the explosion the gas stations would not have an
excuse to raise prices. California fuel prices are self inflicted.