Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More people step up and admit 3D printing is over-hyped

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:16:27 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:03:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.....The HF manual I-beam trolley's bearings are quite loose
on their axles.

To lower rolling resistance, I'm sure.

Only if the ball bearings jam from dirt, which is possible since the
ones they used don't all have seals on the hidden side. They didn't
waste any extra effort making those things. I'm doing a more careful
job for the practice.

(Psst! I was kidding.)

Yes, always keep spares! That's another reason I like buying from
Zenni. An extra pair (stainless framed hi-index bifocals) costs
about
$30, so I buy two pair at a time, keeping a pair with the brand new
prescription as a spare each time. My old prescriptions are in a
drawer, the new spares in the truck (now in my BOB) at all times.

How is Zenni to deal with? I got a second version of the prescription
for normal bifocals with reading lenses on the bottom which I think
would be good for driving and better for extended close work. My eyes
are too different for drugstore reading glasses to work well. I
speed-read which requires a wide field of sharp vision.

Indifferent, but that's usually not a problem. Watch your data entry.
I missed seeing a wee minus sign, so my first order was unwearable.
They offer 50% back if you return the order, so it's not an entire
loss. But it takes a month to happen.

With your speed reading, I strongly doubt you'll adapt to the new
progressive lenses, unless the page fits within the scope of the
progression. I'm highly sensitive to distortions, so I couldn't deal
at all. I'd sooner adapt to a bloody fisheye, I think. (Oh, no! Now
Gunner and Pete will think I hate/kill/destroy progressive lenses.
Hmm, maybe on this, they'd finally be right.

--
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles,
it takes away today's peace. --Lifehack