Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More people step up and admit 3D printing is over-hyped

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:03:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

snip

I'm trying to accustom myself to progressive (no-line, varifocal)
eyeglasses I bought yesterday.

Good luck with them. Some people have no trouble adjusting. It took
me
some time.

--
Ed Huntress

I loved them immediately for general use but they aren't so good for
the long, close work that I can do without glasses. I'll have to watch
out for situations where I might take them off without having a safe
place to store them, like that construction site. They aren't as bad
for that as the company-issue bifocals I lost whose lower section
wasn't really sharp any useful working distance. The eye doctor lacked
the equipment to test near vision so I asked that they at least make
the ground clear enough that I wouldn't trip, and suggested half the
correction of the top.

At home I have a deep bathtub soap basket on the wall at the foot of
the basement stairs to safely store eyeglasses, since I wear a
headband magnifier or safety glasses with reading sections in the
shop. There's a pair at each machine.

The extensive trilingual safety warnings on the bag take up so much
space that they are in a tiny font I can't read without opening the
bag and putting on the glasses. That's like Taylor Swift's remark
about the illogic of scissors that come in a blister package you can't
open without -- scissors!

-jsw