Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:59:34 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

My buddy Glenn showed me that you could remove the soldering tip from
a Weller 150W gun and induction-heat the terminal to solder the wire
in. It worked extremely well for the 4ga armored wire he gave me to
use with the towing-receiver-mounted winch. http://tinyurl.com/nejufw9

If you just used the two posts with no tip, you were doing resistance
soldering. Inductance heating requires a loop to couple the power into
the load. Like Diathermy machines.

Absolutely correct. Resistance soldering is how I make up radio
PL-259 male plugs