Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan[_21_] Dan[_21_] is offline

Default What Happened at US Digital

On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 1:09:45 PM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 12:55:52 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I wonder what kind of trouble US Digital got themselves into. Today I
received a letter from them saying I needed to sign it agreeing to obey
the
law in several different ways, or they wouldn't sell to me anymore. My
first thought is somehow they get themselves in trouble, and they are
sending out these letters as a legal ploy to try claim it was somebody
else.

I have three US Digital encoders on my Hurco KMB1.

I found the implication and tone of the letter to be vulgar and insulting.
Basically it said over and over again, "You agree to obey the law."
(Paraphrasing)

I wonder if this is the same letter they sent out to some customers 5
years ago. It was about not selling to embargoed countries. Is that
what yours is about?

Yep.

Likely are getting pressure from the government. ITAR is a snake in the grass waiting to ruin your day.