Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default Update: Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling

On Mon, 11 May 2015 20:48:20 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2015 18:42:16 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2015 18:04:05 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2015 20:58:40 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 5/11/2015 4:23 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2015 10:34:26 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sun, 10 May 2015 08:46:07 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling has been updated.

See VaristorMOV.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of
my website. ...Jim Thompson

Encrypted!

To conceal my techniques.

Seems pretty pointless at your age, Jim. Are you ever going to pass on
all those pearls of wisdom, or are you going to take them to the grave
like King Tut?

Soon would be good, if you're ever going to.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Right now I'm making money at it. Why should I give away the store?

An MOV model is "the store"? That's sort of sad.

Does Larkin post a _complete_ schematic of his instruments and
manufacturing techniques here?

...Jim Thompson

Sometimes I post actual product schematics, usually sheets relevant to
the topic, and photos of real boxes and boards. Sometimes I post
(non-encrypted!) Spice files. Sometimes I post ideas and scribbles
that I just imagined.

I don't post manufacturing techniques, because my production people do
that, and it's fairly standard stuff. I have posted a lot of
breadboarding techniques, stuff that I do myself.

I don't post encrypted Spice circuits and then tell people that I'm
smart, just because I say so.

I still don't know why your thing would be any better than a couple of
zeners and resistors, and you won't say why.

GFYU

...Jim Thompson

After you get well, you're welcome to try.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com