Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default Update: Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling

On Mon, 11 May 2015 13:23:52 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2015 10:34:26 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sun, 10 May 2015 08:46:07 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling has been updated.

See VaristorMOV.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my
website.

...Jim Thompson

Encrypted!

To conceal my techniques. Did you read... 8 lines versus 34 ??

Not very general.

Parameterizable to any MOV... read!

Given how imprecise MOVs are, seems like a couple of zeners and
resistors, and maybe a capacitor, would be plenty good enough.

Good enough for you, perhaps :-}

Good enough for anybody. MOVs are not precise parts.

MOVs "wear out", too. Did you include that?

Typical Larkin sand-in-air... you can't help but be an asshole.

Did I hurt your feelings by not admiring your encrypted MOV model?

I really can't imagine why anyone needs to Spice a MOV. The things
that matter (power dissipation, joule capacity, wearout) aren't in the
model.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement