Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Jeroen Belleman Jeroen Belleman is offline

Default "Random" Circuit Needed.

On 25/04/15 16:56, John Larkin wrote:
[...]

We have spent the last month or so doing amazing things around the
Sampling Theorem. My customers aren't going to believe some of the
things the Wayback Machine can do, and I'm trying to write some manual
content that will convince them that what we're claiming is possible.
Sadly, few engineers have heard of the Sampling Theorem and even fewer
understand it.

What did Shannon say about deterministic circuits and truly random
noise?

Good book: The Idea Factory by Jon Gertner, about the glory days of
Bell Labs. One cool point is that most people who did great work at
Bell had breakfast or lunch with Harry Nyquist.

There is another book called The Idea Factory, about being a student
at MIT.

Did you know that Shannon and Nyquist were late to lunch? The basic
sampling theorem was already stated in much the same way 35 years
earlier by E.T. Whittaker. I found traces of older references, but
haven't been able to get my hands on any.

Jeroen Belleman