Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default "Random" Circuit Needed.

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:27:26 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:17:18 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:26:08 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:06:28 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 07:43:47 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

You seem to have lots of time for philosophical nonsense.

---
So, in the light of that castigation, I'm wrong and your scheme
produces a truly random output?

I have no idea what you might mean by "truly random output", and I
doubt that you do either.

---
Well, of course you don't and, your perception of being at the very
pinnacle of the food chain makes everything you don't understand
unimportant.

Define "truly random output", and I'll tell you if my board meets your
standards.

---
They're not _my_ standards, John, we all live by them.

Most of us understand the concept, and you could too if Google were
your friend.
---

That's a matter of definition and philosophy. And a waste of time.

---
But your silly ramblings aren't?
---

Kinda like, from your earlier expressed but incorrect point of view,
latching relays have infinite gain.

If you'd have been paying attention, you might have noticed that
this thread started with Jim Thompson asking for a simple 4 bit
pseudo-random sequence generator for generating/testing a 16 state
datacom constellation.

Several solutions were offered but, as expected, you contested none
of them, provided no help, and waited until nearly the end to use
this channel to hawk your wares.

I'm not hawking anything. I don't expect anyone here to buy my stuff.

---
And yet the touting goes on, unabated.

This is an electronics discussion group. We need things to discuss.
And I do a *lot* of electronics!

---
What you do here is pat yourself on the back a lot.