Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Oscillator Proposal

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:07:50 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Oscillator Proposal...

Suppose I have a series RLC, one end grounded, the other end driven by
a chip, how might I make that into an oscillator?

All wild ideas accepted... this is for a custom chip.

...Jim Thompson

Hmmm. RLC is a 'short' to GND How about make the circuitry so noisy that
the RLC shorts EVERYTHING BUT the noise and the circuit just 'looks' like
it oscillates? I mean narrowband noise is an oscillator output, right?