Maxprop

Default New PM3520A, 2 questions.....

"Ron E." wrote in message

Ordered my 3520A from Toolnut and am getting ready for its arrival.

snip

Question 2: I still have a Jet Mini so need fixtures with both 1" and
1 1/4" sizes. Should I just get an adaptor to make the PM 1", or
would it be better to get new 1 1/4" inserts for my 2 chucks, and put
an adaptor on the Mini to make it 1 1/4"? I'm leaning toward the
latter even if it's a bit more money.

That's what I did. I bought a Jet 1442 last year and wanted to buy a chuck
and some other accessories. I also plan to upgrade to a Woodfast, PM, or
similar lathe in the not-too-distant future, so I chose to purchase a chuck
and faceplates with 1 1/4" threads. I bought an adaptor from Jet to allow
this to be used on my 1" spindle. Works like a charm. The adaptor was $65,
but I'm guessing that one could be had for less.

Max