Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Is it asbestos?

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 09:31:35 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| BTW: That was very durable and long lasting siding. But real tough to
| install. I know if I had it on my house, I'd leave it. It sure beats
| most of that plastic / vinyl siding crap they sell now.

Yes. The asbestos is still there. It's beginning
to breal down a bit on the surface where it gets
a lot of water exposure, but asie from that it's
fine. Guessing it was probably put up around 1965,
that's 50 years with virtually no maintenance.

I've seen it painted and the paint seems to adhere well.