Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default NRA's favorite creepy-assed cracker is at it again...

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 4:19:49 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:53:21 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:10:48 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 08:20:31 -0800, Jennifer Murphy
wrote:

In the Garner case, unlike Ferguson, we don't even
know what the evidence, testimony, etc was that the GJ heard,
because
it
has never been released. But heh, no need to look at the facts,
right?

So in your simple little world, is there no racism? Do minorities in
this country have all the same opportunities as the majority? Are
blacks
not over represented in arrests, sentencing, jails, and prisons and
under represented in colleges and jobs?

Since the sargent directing the cops on site at the time that Garner
was taken down was a black woman, I am not sure how anyone could say
this was a racist
I also find it hard to understand why the cop who took Garner down
was
singled out. Most people do not realize the 4 paramedics who just
stood there and watched Garner die of a heart attack without any
treatment at all were disciplined but they were not charged, If
anyone, they are the ones responsible for his death.
There is a very good chance that this was a survivable condition, if
they had done anything to help him.

I've watched videos a few times. I'm not convinced this was a "choke
hold", but just a method to control Garner. Prevent his head from
hitting the sidewalk.

I once choked a Nigerian Prince but it was directed at his esophagus
and larynx. Allowed him a breathe - then he broke free cutting his lip
on a metal door frame.

I agree with you. From the video, it's not clear how tight the cop
was around Garner's neck. As has been said here, we didn't see the
evidence,
hear the testimony. I'd like to have heard testimony from the medical
examiner. As I understand it, the ME's report said that there was no
injury to Garner's neck, windpipe, etc but that he died from a choke
hold and the officers being on top of him. I'd like to know how he
determined that a chokehold was part of what killed him.

It probably would have been better if this went to trial, so that all
of that would have been public.

to put someone through a trial just to satisfy your curiosity would be a
gross perversion of justice.

I didn't actually suggest that they should have indicted the cop for
the reason that then everything would come out publically. I agree that's
not a valid reason to indict, not the GJ's job. Just
that for race relations, peace, maybe two cops not getting assassinated,
if it had gone to trial, then everyone could see it all, see the whole
story, that probably would have been a better outcome.

except for the innocent.

and al sharpie and his ilk will never be satisfied, else they would have to
shut down their protection racket.