Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Nice design

CRNG wrote:
My wife had to rent a car a few days ago. They gave her a 2014 GMC
Terrain with about 27k miles. By time she got back home, the right
front tire pressure warning light was indicating low at 27psi. I
checked the other tires and they were about 32psi, so I put 33psi in
the supposedly low tire.

The pressure sensor is obviously defective. The light (it actually a
2"x3" message box that covers half if it's instrument area) still
remained on indicating 27psi. Other cars have just a small 1/2"
diameter light that can be covered with a piece of tape if you don't
want to let the dealer rip you off with a new sensor. But I guess GMC
caught on to that and wanted to prevent that.

Nice design. Too bad they can't channel their creatively into making
a reliable vehicle.

Have any other manufacturers gone to mega-large useless warning
messages designed to generate revenue for their dealers?

Hi,
Our Japanese brand cars reset the display as soon as air is filled.
Other trouble code needs to be reset by dealer like oil change code.
They reset it after work is done.