RonB

Default Extreme newbie questions inside

Sitting position might not be a real problem. I have an acquaintance that
was injured in an accident several years ago and turning has become an
excellent artistic outlet for him. He had to build his own stand to adjust
bed height to his chair.

Most of the noise from my JET 1442 comes from the cutting, not the machine.
In fact the machine is so quiet I can barely hear it when unloaded. Cutting
noise depends on material, speed, etc. but still not excessive. The downer
with a machine like the 1442 might be the thickness of the bed. Pretty
large to get legs under.

"slipslidinaway" wrote in message
Severe back problems force me to ask this--can turning be done from a
sitting position? What kind of noise issues can I expect?