Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Nice design

On 01/11/2015 09:32 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
philo wrote:
I would sure hate that.

Last week the "check engine" light on my car went on.

I found that pretty useless as it did not say "what to check on the
engine"

Yes, I could spend money and get a module to read the codes...but
since it came on not too long after I got gas...I just tightened the gas
cap.

That was all that was wrong...but it took 24 hours to reset.

Hi,
You can read your OBD II message with simple USB OBD II jack interface.
There are many freeware out there to do this. I have a laptop
to do this. I can even read real time mpg, air/fuel mixture, etc.
while driving.

Wow, thanks for the great info...
I saw one on Amazon for $5

I should get one to avoid guess work