Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Nice design

On 01/11/2015 08:49 AM, CRNG wrote:
My wife had to rent a car a few days ago. They gave her a 2014 GMC
Terrain with about 27k miles. By time she got back home, the right
front tire pressure warning light was indicating low at 27psi. I
checked the other tires and they were about 32psi, so I put 33psi in
the supposedly low tire.

The pressure sensor is obviously defective. The light (it actually a
2"x3" message box that covers half if it's instrument area) still
remained on indicating 27psi. Other cars have just a small 1/2"
diameter light that can be covered with a piece of tape if you don't
want to let the dealer rip you off with a new sensor. But I guess GMC
caught on to that and wanted to prevent that.

Nice design. Too bad they can't channel their creatively into making
a reliable vehicle.

Have any other manufacturers gone to mega-large useless warning
messages designed to generate revenue for their dealers?

I would sure hate that.

Last week the "check engine" light on my car went on.

I found that pretty useless as it did not say "what to check on the engine"

Yes, I could spend money and get a module to read the codes...but
since it came on not too long after I got gas...I just tightened the gas
cap.

That was all that was wrong...but it took 24 hours to reset.