Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Boiler needs to be reset to start

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 8:44:05 PM UTC-5, Peter S. wrote:
My oil boiler has been giving me headaches lately. I have 3 zones plus hot
water. All 4 are working properly in terms of the thermostat and zone
valves. Once the boiler reaches 190 degrees, it shuts off. It allows
itself to drop in temperature and will not restart to get to the 190
degrees again. I have to manually reset it by hitting the reset button.
And then the process repeats. If I lower the thermostats to where the
house is not calling for heat, then the boiler just allows itself to drop
and become cold. then, I need to hit the reset button again. who's got
some ideas what to do next? again, thermostats and zone valves are
functioning just fine.

--

nothing to mess with if it gets below freezing where you are.....

Having just helped some friends who had a boiler that acted wierd occasionally the property owners family came home after a brief trip to a wrecked home, water logged, radiators and ines broke all over, water fooding neighbors basement. Cielings down everywhere

The home was deemed not worth fixing te heating system was a complete loss. the house was a piece of crap, bad roof K&T wiring buried in walls. the homeowner is in jail on a unreleated matter.

The home is going back to the mortage company its not worth repairing....