Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Driveway Alarms

On 1/9/2015 9:32 PM, micky wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 05:45:17 -0800 (PST), N8N wrote:

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:32:58 AM UTC-5, Pavel314 wrote:
I was thinking of putting an induction system in the driveway so that a bell would ring when someone pulls in. We have a long drive, partly hidden, and it would be good to know if someone is coming. I'd put it far enough up the drive so that it wouldn't be set off by people who are just turning around from the street.

I like the idea of a hard-wired system so that I don't have to worry about battery replacement. Has anyone had any experience with these? Any recommendations of brands to seek out or avoid?

Paul

Get an old hose and bell setup from a former service station?

nate

Good idea. Those always worked.

And nobody today, know what they are .... except for a few of us here!

---