Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Is it asbestos?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 17:40:20 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

Mass. state authorities to see if I could cut and remove
asbestos siding in order to install a window. They told me

Asbestos siding is probably the safest form of asbestos as long as it's
not cut with a saw or grinder. The fibers are all embedded in whatever
they are made of. But how you manage to fill in the pieces around the
window, without sawing it, is beyond me..... Maybe a wet saw????

BTW: That was very durable and long lasting siding. But real tough to
install. I know if I had it on my house, I'd leave it. It sure beats
most of that plastic / vinyl siding crap they sell now.