Bruce Ferguson

Default How to apply finishes

I take a cardboard box set it on the ways covering bowl ect and stick a
speaker magnet inside. This holds the box in place. Also works great for
LLD. Of course I didn't know about that the first time, so you can see I
turn because of the line of finish up the wiindow behind my lathe.

Bruce
"Bob Moody" wrote in message
I apply all my finishes to turned items while they are still on the lathe.
I stop the lathe, apply the finish with a rag, paper towel or whatever,

let
it stand for a short time, depending on the finish, then turn the lathe

back
on and buff with a dry etc. HOWEVER, before you buff, be sure the lathe
bed, lathe table and any nearby wall are protected, and stand to one side
when the lathe starts. I use saran wrap for protection but that is just
because we always seem to have a lot in the kitchen. Mongoose hide would
probably work just as well.

Bob Moody