Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Shopping for a snow blower, maybe.....

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 07:03:29 -0800 (PST), bob_villa
wrote:

A couple thoughts on this: better quality machines have carb bowls with
a drain; also, additives change seasonally and may not start well in Winter.

My father had a gas powered snow blower. In warm weather we'd check it,
and it would start right away. We would add gas stabilizer, drain it,
and all the stuff required. As soon as it came time to blow snow, the
damn thing would never start. It almost seemed like it was made to not
start in the cold.

He had that thing in the repair shop numerous times, we rebuilt the carb
more than once too, plus changed the spark plug and other stuff. About
all that thing seemed to do was waste money, while he and myself
shoveled snow. That's when the rest of the family, bought dad an
electric snow blower for Christmas. It worked well, and always ran when
needed. He used it for years, until he was no longer able to clear snow
(due to his health). Then I used it, until it finally burned out, years
later. I'd probably have one now, but I have a farm tractor with a
loader for snow cleanup. About the only thing the tractor cant do is
the porch and a 15 foot sidewalk. I just shovel that little bit....