Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Shopping for a snow blower, maybe.....

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 07:20:21 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

We are two retirees, 50' long double driveway (concrete). Shoveled a
lot of snow last year, but getting older and lazier. I would like
recommendations for a snow blower if there is one that isn't a monster
to handle, doesn't throw snow into neighbor's yard, and won't break the
bank. We can have it plowed, but that still leaves enough snow that it
refreezes and gets icy; neither of us want to navigate ice to get to the
mailbox or have visitors fall on the ice. Any recommendations for a
reliable, manageable machine?

If you're only working on a 50ft driveway, I'd recommend an electric
one. No screwing around with bad gas after it sits in the summer, no
hard starting when you're real cold, no running out of gas, and not
being able to drive to get some until the roads are plowed, and all the
other problems with gas units. All you need is a 50ft. cord (made for
cold weather), and the blower....