TDUP

Default Segmented Turnings

To cut the angles use a table saw sled. Build one below.
http://www.woodturns.com/articles/ji...miter_sled.htm

I haven't turned anything down to a 1/8 or 1/16 so I don't know how well
things stay together. I would like to stay a little thicker. I would think
1/8 would be the maximum you would want to turn down to.

Tim

"Delbert Freeman" wrote in message
nickwn wrote:

I've been playing with segmented turnings for about 14 years. I still
don't know all the answers but I do know a few and you guys that need
advice or how to can ask any questions you like and I'll do my best to
answer.

I would assume you have to cut compound angles to make "stave" built

blanks.
What do you do, use a jig to cut the angles?

Also, how thin can you take a segmented bowl? I like to turn down to less
than 1/8" and a 1/16th is even better. Will the glue hold at those
thicknesses?

Deb