Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wavetek 3100 service monitor problems

On Mon, 25 May 2015 16:37:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have a Waveteck model 3100 service monitor.

I can't even find a photo of a Wavetek (or CT Systems) 3100. Also, no
downloadable manual. Got a link to get me started?

I have a few Wavetek 3000 series service monitors.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/BL-shop5.html
If the 3100 is somewhat similar, I might be able to offer a clue. A
dead battery is a good start.

Note that the Wavetek and CT Systems service monitors were NOT made to
be tuned in the unit. Instead, there was a fixture at the factory
where all the tuning was performed. The same philosophy applies to
repair. The manual offers some basics, a circuit description, no
voltages, no waveforms, and help. When Wavetek discontinued the CT
Systems products, they threw away all the fixtures. The only way I've
been able to fix the 3000b service monitors is by comparing voltages
and waveforms with a known working (or barely working) unit.

Good luck.
--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558