Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Wavetek 3100 service monitor problems

In article ,
wrote:

I know that there is a lithium battery inside that could be bad but the book
mentions a different code for that fault.

Lenny-

I find that Lithium backup batteries usually last in excess of ten
years. Measure the battery Voltage. I would expect 3.6 Volts for a new
battery, but 3.0 Volts should still maintain memory.

Some equipment can retain memory contents with lower battery Voltage
than others. If it is very low, replace battery and see if the error
message changes.

If an original battery can not be obtained, you may be able to wire in
something like a Radio Shack 270-009 CR2032 Battery Holder.

Fred