Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DVD Media Player Drive Belt Replacement

On Thu, 21 May 2015, OldGuy wrote:

I have a DVD Media Player Drive sd-6100ku Toshiba with a slipping DVD door
opening drive belt. The door will open if I give it a slight push from
inside the unit.

I looked at using an O-Ring but the ones I find are too fat and just do not
fit.

I looked on line for some kind of drive belt kit but was unable to match up
with the belt I have.

The belt is approximately:
3 cm diameter
2mm thick with a square cross-section.

Is there an easy fix? Or any fix

No.

But an important consideration is that anything that works will do.

Since this is just closing and opening the drawer, uneveness will not be a
factor.

If this was driving the disk (or driving the turntable in a turntable),
any uneveness would get into the sound (well maybe not with a CD player).
There you need a legit belt.

Here, cutting an elastic band, if you can find one close, would be fine.

Michael