Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default DVD Media Player Drive Belt Replacement

On 21/05/2015 16:39, OldGuy wrote:
I have a DVD Media Player Drive sd-6100ku Toshiba with a slipping DVD
door opening drive belt. The door will open if I give it a slight push
from inside the unit.

I looked at using an O-Ring but the ones I find are too fat and just do
not fit.

I looked on line for some kind of drive belt kit but was unable to match
up with the belt I have.

The belt is approximately:
3 cm diameter
2mm thick with a square cross-section.

Is there an easy fix? Or any fix

Get one of these
http://www.dx.com/p/m-fun-mel0292-mi...l-green-175693
slice up into rings and then slice an appropriate ring down to something
like the cross-section needed. As no audio quality issue involved
(wow/flutter) you don't need to slice up with any precision. With
practise and the right techhnique you can slice these funnels to flat
bands as well as square.