Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Glue for repairing wall warts and laptop batteries?

On Wed, 6 May 2015 15:59:29 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

I just use this stuff- it's cheap and has a nice nozzle and no threads to
get gunked up after the first use. NO oozing messes like with metal
squeeze tubes either.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Silico...-3TG/100179996

Good stuff, but not perfect. See Silicone II on the chart at the
bottom of the page:
http://yarchive.net/electr/silicone_sealant_corrosiveness.html

Hell, plain old superglue will probably work fine if you clamp the shells
together under some pressure while it all dries. It's cheap and there's
quite a bit of surface to be joined so the strength should be excellent.

Cyanoacrylates (super glue) is very brittle which doesn't work on
flexible plastics, which includes some wall warts. I've glued them in
spots around the perimeter, only to have the case pop open when I
dropped the wall wart on the floor. I suspect more glue would be
better, but have never tried it.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D