Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] larrymoencurly@my-deja.com is offline

Default Glue for repairing wall warts and laptop batteries?

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:32:21 PM UTC-7, mike wrote:
Been fixing wall warts and laptop batteries.
I'd normally glue them back together with the
stuff used for plastic plumbing.
But the stuff has a short shelf life after opening
and I waste 90% of it. Every time I try to use it,
the can contents is solid. I spend $4 on a can of
glue to fix a 25-cent wall wart.

Get the clear liquid solvent weld glue sold in glass
bottles and with an applicator brush in the screw-on
cap at hobby shops and electronics parts supplies, like
Testor's #3502 or "TV Radio Cement". They usually work
better than lacquer thinner or carburetor/throttle body
cleaner. They also have a much longer shelf life than
PVC pipe glue.