Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] novoroshollywood@gmail.com is offline

Default Olson TE-209 sine/square generator problem

On Thursday, May 1, 2003 at 9:14:26 AM UTC-7, Rob Hampshire wrote:
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message ...
If the thermistor forms a voltage divider with a fixed resistor, try
increasing the value of that resistor (perhaps 10X or so).

I think it does... One end of the thermistor goes to a cathode of the
6bm8, and there is a resistor that goes from the same cathode to
ground. I'll try increasing that resistor and see what happens...
although I snapped the top off of the 6bm8 the other night while
removing the spring retainer, and I don't have a spare. Bummer!
Guess it'll be a while before I can futz with it again. Thanks for
your help Charles!

Rob

Hi Rob, Just replace 0.1uf 600V cap on 6BM8 tube and everything will be fine.
Take care