Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default DIY cushion for bread machine

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:39:03 +0000 (UTC) "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote in Message id:
:

We have a bread machine. The pan fits into a socket inside the machine,
with a small gasket to keep it tight. The parts places all call it a
cushion.

We lost it. The machine still works, but it rattles during kneading.

There are many places that sell them, in the end the cheapest I could get
including postage to Israel was $20. One place wanted 40 UKP for postage.

That's 1/3 of the price of a new machine.

Since it reaches over 400f while the bread is baking, I don't want to
put just any old rubber washer in there.

Does any have any suggestions for a locally available material (or even
from China via eBay) that could be cheaper and used to make it?

If you are familar with Srugu, do you think it would work, or would the
temperature be too high?

TIA,

Geoff.

Not sure about Srugu, but something like this?
http://www.rubbersheetroll.com/silic...mperature.html

In the US, though...

You didn't say what size or shape, but
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-SQUARE-SIL...em339ecd 6c25