Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default IDE Extension Cable for 2.5 inch Hard Drive

Hi Jeff,

UPDATE:

Thanks to you, I just ordered the cable from notebookcables....

Regards, John

WARNING/CAUTION:

I received the cable in the mail late yesterday. This "extension"
cable is DEFECTIVE.

The connectors are "out of phase". The top row of pin connectors
on the female side are connected to the bottom row of pin connectors
on the male side, and vise versa.

Note: If you "flip" the 2.5 inch hard drive, Pin #1 will end up
connecting to Pin #20, etc.

This cable came from Atlantic ComputerTech, 95 Horton Ave.,
Lynbrook, NY 11563.

I will call them after 8AM (now 7:25AM) about returning this cable
for a refund. I am afraid that all their cables may have the same problem.

If I have a problem getting a refund, I will report back.

Hi,
I called Atlantic ComputerTech, and I had no problems
regarding making a return for refund or exchange.

It turns out there is a "true extension" version. Until now, I did
not know that there are two types of extensions.

CAUTION:

If you want a "true extension", the top pins on the female connector
are the top pins on the male connector, order FI2-X06M.

John