Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Mystery wall socket

On 04/08/2015 5:36 AM, JW wrote:
On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 07:16:19 -0400 wrote in Message id:
:

On Sun, 5 Apr 2015 12:24:02 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015, John Robertson wrote:

On 04/04/2015 3:33 PM, bud-- wrote:

http://www.edaboard.co.uk/cable-trac...g-t527612.html

The authors look awful familiar...

This is, in fact, sci.electronics.repair, copied without attribution by
another site.

That's just annoying! It costs nothing to attribute a source...

Except, there are sites that are in it for advertising money, and they
steal contents from elsewhere in order to 'create" contents.

I saw it a couple of years ago during our Fringe Festival. One site came
up early on searches, but all it did was agregate content from elsewhere,
even changing the content so anytime "mysite.com" was mentioned it said
instead "westealyoursite.com".

I have no idea if that's the case here, but it is possible.

It's certainly not uncommon to come across sites with "boards" that are
actually access to usenet, but they don't necessarily say it's usenet.

Michael

I think I've seen 4 newsgroups that are stolen by various pages.
One is alt.home.repair by homeowners something.
Also soc.culture.jewish.moderated
Another group I can't remember.
And this group.

None give attribution iirc.

Not only that, but they refer to *us* as the guests!

Perhaps we should have in our signatures - Posted by Usenet - or similar
and let the curious figure it out...

John :-#)#

I'll change mine to:
www.flippers.com