Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IDE Extension Cable for 2.5 inch Hard Drive

On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 13:34:22 +0000, wrote:

WHY GENDER CHANGER WON'T WORK:

I thought about a gender changer until I noticed that the "key"
(blank spot, no pin connector) position was not in the center.

John

What I've done in the distant past was find a 44 pin header like this:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cablesonline_2268_133639889
and just cram it into one of the connectors. If there's a keying pin,
I just remove it from the header. If the header is keyed, and the
missing pin ends up in the wrong slot, I just heat the connector, and
move the pin.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558