Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] rev.11d.meow@gmail.com is offline

Default alternative to antennaweb, Curious channel redirection.

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:41:58 PM UTC-7, micky wrote:
I'm still working on my antenna amp, but it gave rise to a couple more
questions.

I looked at antennaweb.org and it is still good, but the format has
changed. There is another webpage that also shows what tv stations are
within range and what direction they are. Does anyone remember the
name?

Also, antennaweb shows station WMDE, on VC 36, RF channel 5, only 45
miles from me at 128 degrees, ,on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, not far
from Delaware. But when I tune to channel 36,1 and I've done this 6
times, it displays a tv show for a moment, and then switches to virtual
channel 5.1 where it displays the same program although this time, it
keeps showing it. . Channel 5 is a DC station, WDCA with an RF of 36.

So WMDE is VC 36, RF 5, and
and WDCA is VC 5, RF36. the opposite.

Does this coincidence have anything to do with what happens.

But WMDE must have been working somewhat, in order to go to 36 and
learn the RF numberl 5, or is that the VC channel 5.

Have any of you come across something like this before.

Thanks.

This one?

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/