Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Sony Bravia TV help

On 3/27/2015 11:18 AM, John-Del wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 11:01:18 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:

PS.
I don't have a ****ing cable box!

Just to be clear, you *don't* have a cable box, correct?

Sometimes I don't state things clear, looks like I did well this time.

I think your problem will be solved shortly because cable system operators are removing the

clear qam cable channels and forcing subscribers into paying monthly for
a box, or doing without.

I think I mentioned that, as a two year old rumor I've been hearing
about my cable co.

In my area, there is only one cable system still using clear qam.

We may be lucky we have two companies to choose from in my area.
But, they are cable companies :-)

Some TVs have offer two RF inputs; one for cable and one for OTA, or at least they used to.

Yes, I looked for that, no luck.

To trim a couple of pennies from production, I think they've all be removed.
So for now, get an OTA box and hook it up to AV1, and your cable to RF and scan for whatever
channels your operator gives you. By late summer, your cable provider will remove these channels
"to improve your viewing options" (that's what Comcast told us) and you'll have just OTA either
through your new box or the TV's tuner. If you want to continue receiving cable on that TV, you'll have to rent a box.

I watched a video this morning, it said the FCC mandated that the
customer has to be allowed an alternative, a cable card, the decripts
the signal. And of course now we are in another transition, and you want
an M card.
I found the video, it's 2-1/2 years old, but discusses something
the cable company doesn't want you to know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YvnxDOo4ro

Mikek

If that all comes true, we won't buy TV's any more, just a monitor with
HDMI input.

---