Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Sony Bravia TV help

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 11:01:18 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:

PS.
I don't have a ****ing cable box!

Just to be clear, you *don't* have a cable box, correct?

I think your problem will be solved shortly because cable system operators are removing the clear qam cable channels and forcing subscribers into paying monthly for a box, or doing without. In my area, there is only one cable system still using clear qam.

Some TVs have offer two RF inputs; one for cable and one for OTA, or at least they used to. To trim a couple of pennies from production, I think they've all be removed.

So for now, get an OTA box and hook it up to AV1, and your cable to RF and scan for whatever channels your operator gives you. By late summer, your cable provider will remove these channels "to improve your viewing options" (that's what Comcast told us) and you'll have just OTA either through your new box or the TV's tuner. If you want to continue receiving cable on that TV, you'll have to rent a box.