Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default Sony Bravia TV help

One of us is confused.
In my OP I said, "I want to have cable and OTA available."
Emphasis on the "and".
I have cable from a company named WOW. (Wide Open West)
So, I connect the Cable to the TV and I have 2 through 70. and then 25
more digital channels between 98.1 and 117.13.
Recently my daughter moved into an apartment and wanted an antenna.
I built a couple and tried them out using my TV, I found some local, OTA
channels I would like, especially a weather radar signal that is not on
my cable.
So I would like to use both signals, and as I tried to describe,
if I have the tuner set for cable and programed, it won't receive
OTA signals, and if I set it for antenna and programed it won't receive
cable.
I suspect I'll need to buy a OTA tuner.
Mikek

Not necessarilly an OTA tuner. A simple cable box is essentially a
2nd tuner for the cable channels. You could rent one from your cable
company or buy one from Amazon. That might be cheaper than buying an
OTA tuner.