Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jonny[_2_] Jonny[_2_] is offline

Default LG hombot robot vacuum cleaner disassembly

This article and the photos helped me open up my LG Hom-Bot 2.0 in order to disconnect the speaker (which was always beeping in the middle of the night).

First I removed the red thin plastic cover: no screws, just plastic clip-on

Discconnected the connector of the "keypad".

Now 5 screws are visible below.

Then I removed the thin black outer plastic cover: no screws, just plastic clip-on

Now a 6th screw is visible below.

Removed 6 screws.

Now I had access to the speaker connector.
There is just 1 speaker and the connector is easy to see and disconnect.

Now I have a silent LG Hom-Bot 2.0, no more disturbing nightly beeping.

Here are all the photos (in random order).

LG Hom-Bot 2.0 disassembly; opening LG Hom-Bot; disconnecting speaker in LG Hom-Bot 2.0;
first remove 2 plastic coverings (no screws, just click-on); thereafter access to 6 screws in black plastic top.

http://i.imgur.com/xS7EVJv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sxojv6g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6BQEWiI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sH0ISg4.jpg