Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP OfficeJet 7000 service manual?

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:14:59 -0800, DaveC wrote:

"OfficeJet 7000 User Guide"

See the "troubleshooting" section for minimalist service information.
Decoding the error lights and reset procedures are a good start.

With respect Jeff, don't be so quick to presume one hasn't searched.

Ok. I'll be nice.

HP never publish publicly on their sites service manuals, that I've seen. Not
for consumer goods.

I usually find what I need on other sites. I have a fair collection
of HP manual scans and PDF's mostly collected by others. HP is not
the only source for information on HP printers. For example:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp
However, if you look through the listings, you'll probably notice that
there are many more laser printers listed than inkjet printers.

Diversion: If you're doing toner cart refills, here's some more
non-HP information:
http://www.uni-kit.com/pdf/tonerrefillinstructions.pdf

Parts sources can be found.

Sure, at prices that make repairs unprofitable. I find myself buying
broken printers and using the parts to fix other printers. On most
contract work, used parts are not allowed, thus justifying totalling
the printer and ordering a new replacement. I recently had to recycle
a decent inkjet printer because I could not purchase a new waste ink
foam or felt pad. I could have made one in a few minutes from some
material on hand, but that was not allowed.

I'm interested in the manual for service
information, ie, disassembly, adjustment, etc.

The best disassembly instructions can be found on YouTube from various
repair people that have generously spent the time to document their
experience. I make it a habit of checking these disassembly and
repair videos before blundering forward. There are also web sites
with good info. For example, I'm now dealing with an HP2600n color
laser printer and found teardown instructions online at:
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2008/epic-take-apart-hp-color-laserjet-2600n/
Although iFixit doesn't have many printer teardowns, I think it's just
a matter of time before the collection improves:
https://www.ifixit.com/Device/HP_Printer

Adjustment is another matter. The factory no doubt had their own
ideas on how this should be done. Without the documentation,
blundering my way through this exercise is prone to inevitable
failure. When this happens, I usually search or post a question to
the HP printer support forums:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/supportforums.html
If it's a common procedure or adjustment, I usually get an accurate
answer. If that fails, it's:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com

I hope this helps.

--