Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ghost thread

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015, Jeroni Paul wrote:

Dave Platt wrote:
More frequently, somebody using a Web interface to a USENET archive
with a very long memory (i.e. Google Groups) will do a search for a
keyword of interest to them, see an article which seems relevant, and
post a followup... not noticing that the article to which they are
replying is five or ten years old.

As far as I know Google groups does not allow replies to messages older
than 60 days.

Originally it was thirty days, which is reasonable.

Then they changed the interface, to make it more useful for their
"groups", and they put in a bug that allowed replies to old messages.

I know I complained, I hope others did, and soon it was fixed, back to
no replies for posts older than 30 days.

Then another iteration of the interface, and they put the bug back in.

I didn't complain, I was tired, and so I insult idiots who reply to old
messages.

Now it's years later, and the bug is still there.

Michael