Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Busker's Disease

Trevor Wilson wrote:
Phil Allison wrote:

Anyway, I fitted some Polyswitches to both tweeters. Just in case.

** I hope you know to fit those Polyswitches in series with the high
pass filter and not the coils of the tweeters.

OTHERWISE, if the device ever trips, the HPF becomes a series tuned
circuit and shorts the amplifier at or near the x-over frequency.

**Thanks for the tip. And yes, I always fit them ahead of the HPF.

** So you saw my letter on the topic in Silicon Chip, back in the 1980s ??

BTW One tiny Polyswitch sure is *cheap insurance* for such an expensive driver.

.... Phil