Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Repair of HP inkjet printer "Cartridge missing or defective"

On 26/02/2015 05:18, DaveC wrote:
HP OfficeJet 7000 (E809a) wide-format (A3, ledger, tabloid, 297x420 mm,
11.7x16.5 in), 4-colors.

Utility on the computer wouldn't print but instead it reported problems with
the cartridge. The cartridge was recent (certainly not empty) original HP.

I presumed it was contacts between the head carriage/cartridge holder and the
cartridge. I cleaned both the pins in the carriage and contacts on the
cartridge with Q-tip--no joy. I then took pencil eraser to those pins &
contacts--no joy. If I had an ink eraser handy I would try that next. But the
next for me is a fiberglass burnishing pencil used for cleaning up corrosion
on PC boards:

http://uk.farnell.com/duratool/d0226...ng-fibreglass-
4mm/dp/2102028

GENTLY brushed each pin and contact (this is a coarse brush and removes lots
of gold if you're not careful), cleaned with Q-tip and alcohol, and
reinserted the cartridge.

Problem solved.

Or misalignment and third time lucky, inadvertently realigning