Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Nobody Would Ever Figure This One (amp)

wrote in message

"I didn't know that public companies didn't have an offshoring option.
(if that's what you mean) "

Stockholders can sue the CEO or board if they do nott do everything possibl
to maximize profits. The Dodge brrothers sued Ford, literally for making the
cars too good and paying the workers too much.

The Dodge brothers won.

So it's not like an actual written law but most people do not want to be
sued.

Er, that was in 1919. I don't think the same holds true today.

In the UK, shareholders occasionally get a bit miffed when board members get
excessive remunerations, or turn out to be incompetent or corrupt, (as a lot
of them are), and can organise an Extraordinary General Meeting to try and
vote out such Board Members if things are not going to their plan, but
that's about the extent of their powers AIUI.

Gareth.