Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tenyen@gmail.com is offline

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

Heya,

On Thursday, 19 February 2015 20:25:44 UTC, Gareth Magennis wrote:
I'm sick of this ****.

I suggest switching it off for a while, let if cool down, if it
continues to behave erratically hit something with it

Someone brings me a Pioneer mixer or CDJ to repair, and I need to order
spares. Get this. A KNOB costs £15.
How do they get away with this?
The switches and pots I need cost more than this.

you've lost that lovin' feelin':
http://knobfeel.co.uk/

erotic, yet safe for work!

I've looked at 3D printers as an alternative, but from the few samples I've
seen, the plastic is rock hard and not suitable for a comfy knob, and I
don't think its possible to produce a grey knob with a white line pointer
anyway.

The Pioneer ones I want are squidgy.

and they won't even go up to 11!? for the hobbyist a layer of Sugru might do the trick, but I think the "scum bag djs" below would probably send round their biggest bouncer to explain how "sensitive" their "business associate" was, finger by finger

and for a thread that starts "ISotS", I'd like to re-harsh your mellows by suggesting that "selectors" leave their knobs alone and just play some nice tunes. . .

you fightin? I'm asking! ;P

--
http://tenyen.net/