Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Manual head cleaning of HP 6520e printer

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 22:06:46 -0800, Bob F wrote:

I continued exercising the printer occasionally over several days.
Finally, today, it started to work better,and after a dozen or more
pages of printing big black blobs, the unprinting areas started getting
smaller and smaller, until they went away.. It took most of a new black
ink tank total to get it working.

So I guessthe problem was plugged print heads or the ink path to a
section of them, and the ink finally disolved a path through. I hope it
keeps working.

Don't forget all that ink will have gone somewhere! Don't tip the printer
from the horizontal or you may find out where...

Mike.