Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

"John-Del" wrote in message
On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 6:27:41 AM UTC-5, Mark Zacharias wrote:

Basically it acts like the clamper magnet is much too strong. When the
mech
goes to lift up the disc off the clamper, it encounters too much
resistance
and the white nylon rack gear at the top slips and ratchets. The disc
cannot
eject until I help it by lifting up the clamper with my finger. Requires
quite a bit of extra "help".

Any chance a spacer is missing on the clamper or turntable? Years ago I
ran into something similar to this and I think a stick-on rubber disc
slipped off the turntable allowing the space between the clamper magnet
and the turntable to be reduced increasing the clamping force.

I looked for any missing or damaged felt spacer - no such luck. I'll have to
get back into it - what a time-waster. Maybe I'll get lucky.

mz